Upcoming Events › Live Event
Events Search and Views Navigation
Project models hold the results of our labor in the world of architecture and engineering. But what happens when they start responding slowly, or even become corrupt? These issues often require BIM managers to stop the work they were doing to resolve the issues the project team is experiencing. The Project Activity Logger (PAL) for HIVE™ allows you to easily track model performance and act on issues before the team is affected by them. This webinar will explore how to setup the HIVE PAL, how to manage projects and how to leverage the reports that result from the data collected.
- Accessing the HIVE management portal
- Configuring the settings for project logging
- Exploring the available reports
- Learning how to take preventative action before models go bad
Labeling of large plan sets can be one of the most costly parts of a project. Hours and days are spent on mundane tasks that should be automated. Enter Label Genie from the CIM Project Suite, which allows automatic labeling across multiple drawings and sheets at once. Simply define your label type, anchor object, formatting paremeters, and drawings to apply to, and Label Genie does the rest.
- Automate 85% of the annotation work on plansets
- Apply detailed labeling "scenarios" across multiple drawings at once
- Allow more time for design by automating mundane annotation tasks
- Finish projects under budget and with better designs
Civil 3D and AutoCAD® production management staff will benefit from the CIM Manager Suite™. Tools for automating style, layer and linetype creation and editing will make supporting production teams much easier than ever before.This webinar will explore the entire suite of productivity tools for Civil 3D CAD managers in the CIM Manager Suite from CTC Software.
- Speed up template layer and object layer settings management though dynamic spreadsheet syncing
- Improve template management with automated annotation and Civil 3D styles tracking and replacing
- Automate description key set and figure prefix database management through spreadsheet syncing
- Easily create and edit linetypes without dealing with tedious .lin files
Annotation of grading plans can be tedious, time-consuming work. With Label Genie from the CIM Project Suite, you’ll learn how to automate 85% of your labeling. Whether it’s spot elevations, slope labels, or mtext, Label Genie will turn hours into minutes for grading plans.
- Automatically insert surface spot and slope labels on multiple sheets at once
- Complete grading plan annotation in a fraction of the time
- Save grading annotation templates for quick repeat on other projects
- Spend more time on grading and less on labeling
Le personnel de gestion de la production de Civil 3D et d’AutoCAD bénéficiera de la suite CIM Manager. Les outils de création et d’édition automatisées de styles, de calques et de types de lignes rendront les équipes de production beaucoup plus efficaces. Ce webinaire passera en revue toute la suite d’outils que l’on trouve dans la suite CIM Manager de SolidCAD.
- Accélérez la gestion des calques du gabarit, des objets et des styles grâce à la synchronisation dynamique des tables d’Excel.
- Améliorez la gestion des gabarits avec l’annotation automatisée ainsi que le suivi et le remplacement des styles Civil 3D.
- Automatisez la gestion du jeu d’identification de description et de la base de données des préfixes de figure grâce à la synchronisation des tables d’Excel.
- Créez et modifiez facilement des types de ligne sans avoir à gérer des fichiers .lin complexes.
As project progress, they often begin to respond more slowly. Sluggish opening time and inefficient save times can lead to frustration in the project environment. Why does this happen? When does it occur in the project lifecycle? How do I know I need to respond, repairing models before they begin crashing? This webinar will demonstrate a tool that provides you all of the information you need to ensure your projects are running smoothly, providing early indications of issues that can often be efficiently repaired before causing project delays.
- Configuring Project Activity Logger
- Introduction to 'Interface'
- Obtaining Reports from the Logs
- How to Obtain the Suite
Grading of residential developments can be complicated. Corridors handle the road grading, but when it comes to lots and common areas, Civil 3D falls short. This is where Auto Grader comes into play. By defining “parent” feature lines, such as the right-of-way, Auto Grader will automatically create side and back of lot feature lines based on 3D parameters defined by the user. The same can be done for house pads.
- Automate lot grading based on design parameter inputs
- Update lot gradings as road gradings change, automatically
- Auto-insert house pads based on 3D offsets from the road
- Automate surface creation, as break lines are managed with Auto Grader
Pipe Network labeling can be a tedious task. We often need different label styles depending on the part type. When you have 75+ parts in a drawing, that becomes a large task. With Label Genie from the CIM Project Suite, users can define label style mappings based on their parts list. When and entire network is to be labeled, each part and size will received the appropriate label.
- Define detailed label style mapping based on parts lists
- Automatically insert unique labels for different types of parts
- Label multiple drawings and labels at once
- When Pipe Network labels fall short, automatically insert Mtext or Mleaders on pipes and structures
Even with the broad set of tools available in Civil 3D, survey users often get overlooked. Check out this webinar to learn about Productivity tools for Surveyors in Civil 3D. We’ll cover data processing solutions from the CIM Project Suite, as well as standard optimization tools in the CIM Manager Suite from SolidCAD.
- Learn to quickly prep data for construction staking.
- Speed up data importing processes, including how to deal with multiple survey code sets.
- Generate project-specific legends, showing only what was surveyed.
- Clean up Civil 3D templates with ease using the Survey Template Manager.
HIVE has been installed on your computer, and you want to know how to use it. This instructional webinar will walk you through how to search, filter and use HIVE to get the most out of it. This webinar will be recorded so you can always revisit it in the future to get a refresher, or to show to new employees to help get them up to speed quickly.
- Accessing the HIVE Content Browser
- Learning how to search and filter content
- Understanding how to save common searches
- Exploring content details for clean model development
Pond grading in Civil 3D typically requires many offsets of feature lines. These relationships between top of pond, benches and slopes are often pre-defined. With Auto Grader from the CIM Project Suite, users can define one pond baseline, then using slope and offset parameters defined in Auto Grader, create all subsequent feature lines automatically. If the pond baseline feature line changes, simply refresh the grading family in Auto Grader and all dependent feature lines will update.
- Grade ponds in a fraction of the time through rules-based feature line automation
- Save pond design templates for future use in other drawings and projects
- Don't worry about managing surface breaklines, since Auto Grader handles it
- Focus more on design and less on tedious feature line editing
Même avec le large éventail d’outils disponibles dans Civil 3D, le volet arpentage est souvent négligé. Consultez ce webinaire pour en savoir plus sur les outils de productivité créés spécifiquement pour les arpenteurs. Nous couvrirons les solutions de traitement des données de la suite Project CIM, ainsi que les outils d’optimisation des normes dans la suite CIM Manager de SolidCAD.
- Apprenez à préparer rapidement les données pour l’implantation sur le terrain.
- Accélérez les processus d’importation de données, y compris la façon de gérer plusieurs jeux de codes.
- Générer des légendes spécifiques au projet, montrant uniquement ce qui a été relevé.
- Nettoyez facilement les modèles Civil 3D à l’aide du gestionnaire du gabarit d’arpentage.
Survey plats and other sheets typically have a lot of annotation. Whether its line and curve labels, Mtext, or Mleaders, hours of time are spent labeling these sheets. With Label Genie from the CIM Project Suite, all Civil 3D and AutoCAD label types can be inserted automatically, across multiple drawings and sheets at once. Insert 100 line and curve label in seconds. Insert 100 MText entities at once, with detailed AutoCAD fields automatically embedded. Sheet annotation for surveyors has never been so easy.
- Automate the insertion of all line and curve, Mtext, Parcel, and Leader Labels at once
- Define source drawings, label type, anchor object, and formatting options, and Label Genie does the rest
- Save labeling templates to quickly repeat on other projects
- Label surfaces by anchoring spot or slope labels to polyline, feature, survey figure, or any other object type