Upcoming Events › CTC Software
Events Search and Views Navigation
Unfortunately Revit has no way to auto calculate room occupancy and generate egress pathing, accounting for multiple levels. This process typically happens in external tools, or is calculated entirely by hand. The process is not fast, and is often riddled with human error. The Occupant Flow Analyzer does all of these tasks and more. This webinar will demonstrate the entry level controls available to you in this add-in. CTC’s Shawn Zirbes will present.
- Accessing Occupant Flow Analyzer
- Introduction to Interface
- Define Add-in Options
- Generate Occupancies and Egress Flows
Management of Civil 3D Object Layers and drawing Layers through their native interfaces is clumsy and slow. With Layer Boss you can automate the creation and updating of all Object Layer and Layer settings from an Excel file. Excel files can be exported with all settings from an existing template, then used going forward to manage all Layer settings.
- Learn to export and sync Civil 3D Object Layer settings from Excel
- Understand how to export and sync Layer Manager settings from Excel
- Quickly manage Layer names, descriptions, plot styles, and all other settings
- Configure and update all options in the Object Layers dialog box
Have you ever run into conflicts in your project models because a dimension reported one value, but the actual modeled space was not consistent with it? This can generate significant issues in actual construction. While Revit does try to protect from this, users can still create overrides that cause conflicts. The Dimension Checker has been purpose built to detect these types of conflicts and generate reports so the responsible party can correct the issue.
- Accessing Dimension Checker
- Introduction to Interface
- Detection Settings
- Discovery and reporting of problematic dimensions
Creating and updating Linetype definitions in an AutoCAD .LIN file is not only tedious, but error-prone. Does anyone remember the syntax for this anyway? With Linetype Manager you have a completely new interface for creating and editing linetype definitions in your .LIN file. Through an intuitive and visual interface, CAD Managers can quickly create and edit linetypes in a .LIN file.
- Learn to quickly create and edit Linetype definitions without having to work in an .LIN file
- Create simple, complex, text-based, and Shape-file based Linetypes
- Visualize linetypes as you're creating them, on the fly
- Utilize an intuitive, input parameter-based interface to build your linetypes
From Civil 3D Styles, to AutoCAD Text, Leaders, and Dimensions, finding references to all these style types in a template can be a maze. What if you don’t know where a Text Style is being used? What if you don’t know what Civil 3D Style is using a certain Layer? Template Tracker allows you to quickly track and then edit references to all these style definitions. Brian Levendowski will present.
- Locate use of Layers in Civil 3D Styles and quickly make edits
- Track where Text Styles are using in Civil 3D Styles, Blocks, and more, and swap out their usage
- Quickly swap out drawing objects' use of any Text, Leader or Dimension Styles
- Rid templates of those old, pesky Layer and Annotation Style references
CIM Project Suite is meant for everyday Civil 3D users of all skill levels, and used by firms of all sizes. With time-saving tools for survey, Pipe Networks, Corridors, legends and sheet production, the CIM Project Suite has something for every user. This presentation will discuss and lightly demonstrate some of the functionality. CTC’s own Brian Levendowski will present.
- Define the basic functionality of all of the tools within the CIM Project Suite
- Learn of popular tools within the Suite for specific workflows related to your projects
- Discussion of how to best get started with the Suite, including installation and deployment options
- Learn how to obtain the Suite
Dealing with multiple survey code lists can be a challenge. Perhaps your crews use one code list and you need to import as another. Perhaps you get outside surveys that need converting to your firm’s code list. Either way, Point File Converter allows quick conversions from one code list to another in your point files. Users can create “translation files” that map the conversion from one list to another so conversions only take seconds.
- Convert point files from one standard to another in seconds
- Accommodate both survey and linework coding translations
- Make your crews happy by using only one code list in the field
- Save tons of time in dealing with multiple code list standards
Sheet Generator will create Plan and/or Profile sheets, similar to the native Viewframes toolset, but allows dynamic updating of sheets. Users will be able to create “Viewshapes” in Modelspace, then edit them and “push” changes to sheets. Viewport size and position, Profile Views, north arrow, sheet numbering, Matchline text and more, are all dynamically linked to Modelspace “Viewshapes”. Brian Levendowski from CTC will show off this awesome tool included in the CIM Project Suite.
- Create dynamically-linked Plan and/or Profile sheets
- Update sheets by editing “Viewshapes” in Modelspace
- Automatic updating of Viewports, Profiles Views, Sheet Set Fields, Matchlines, and more
- Automatic Profile Matchline placement & setting of Profile Station/Elevation
Create project-specific legends and quantity takeoffs of both AutoCAD and Civil 3D objects. Data Wizard will scan drawings and create a dynamic legend, including text and symbology. Objects can include Blocks, Cogo & Survey, Points, Multileaders, Hatches, Lines, 2D & 3D Polylines, Survey Figures, Feature Lines, Parcel Segments, and Alignments. Legend and quantify takeoff settings can be saved in different templates for quick and easy execution by end users.
- Creates project-specific legends or quantity takeoffs of AutoCAD and Civil 3D objects
- Specify one or more drawings, or limit to a sheet, and scan for chosen objects types
- Objects include all AutoCAD and Civil 3D point, line and area-type objects
- Save template files for easy creation of legends or takeoffs in the future