users groups and offer free webcasts.
Upcoming Events › Civil
Events Search and Views Navigation
Auto Grader is a game changer in Civil 3D site grading. Through dynamically linked feature line sets, users can create grading families for parking lots, ponds, subdivisions, and more. The latest release features a “template based” grading method, allowing automatic insertion of a user-defined set of feature lines, such as a building pad, along defined baselines, such as a roadway. Other enhancements include more detailed surface targeting, automatic surface boundaries, better family preview controls, and other user-friendly features.
- Learn to use the new "template based" grading family to insert user-defined grading designs.
- Benefit from automated surface boundaries, saving time with surface cleanup.
- Learn about the improved grading family previewer with user controls.
- Hear about a myriad of other improvements and enhancements to Auto Grader.
Both civil designers and surveyors will benefit from the many tools in the CIM Project Suite™. Whether it’s automated pipe run design in Pipe Designer, or dynamic grading workflows with Auto Grader, users will save time on every project. Surveyors will benefit with tools for converting between survey code standards and for staking data prep.
- Create grading families thru linked feature line sets for smarter grading models
- Design pipe network thru an Excel®-like pipe run designer instead of editing parts one at a time
- Speed up corridor modeling with automated target mapping
- Manage multiple survey code standards with Point File Converter
Sheet production and annotation can be a time-consuming process in Civil 3D. With tools from the CIM Project Suite™, we can insert hundreds of labels simultaneously across multiple drawings at one. We can create custom legends to exact company standards with just a few clicks, and we can generate dynamic plan and profile sheets that update when the project inevitably changes.
- Automatically insert labels across without all the picking and clicking
- Generate custom legends automatically, based on just what's in the drawing
- Generate plan and profile sheets that update when the project changes.
Pipe Network labeling can be a tedious task. We often need different label styles depending on the part type. When you have 75+ parts in a drawing, that becomes a large task. With Label Genie from the CIM Project Suite, users can define label style mappings based on their parts list. When and entire network is to be labeled, each part and size will received the appropriate label.
- Define detailed label style mapping based on parts lists
- Automatically insert unique labels for different types of parts
- Label multiple drawings and labels at once
- When Pipe Network labels fall short, automatically insert Mtext or Mleaders on pipes and structures
Label Genie, with it’s recent debut, changed how we do Civil 3D sheet annotation. Allowing automated insertion of labels across multiple drawings and layouts at once, Label Genie turns hours of work into minutes. The latest release will feature labeling in Profile and Section Views, and add many new label types, such as dimensions, blocks, pipe and pressure networks. Additional anchor objects will be included and new data sources will be available, such as block attributes, property sets, objects data, and more.
- Automate labeling in Profile and Section Views
- Benefit from even more label types and anchor objects than before
- Add more data sources to your labels, including overriding of civil label contents
- Enjoy a new modeless window, allowing Label Genie to remain open while you work
Management of Civil 3D® templates and CAD standards can be a tedious and time-consuming job. With the CIM Manager Suite, CAD managers can automate many of these tasks, including quick creation and management of layers, linetypes, description key sets, and styles.
- Identification of free vs licensed tools
- Description of popular tools
- How to obtain the suite
- Discussion of suite deployment
Civil 3D corridor targeting just a got a whole lot easier with the new Corridor Mapper from CTC. Create dynamic target mappings by linking subassemblies to styles, layers, object names, or to another sub assembly. Simply create target objects and watch as they automatically get pulled into your corridor. Gone are the days of time-consuming and error-prone target mapping.
- Speed up corridor modeling by automated target assignment
- Build smarter corridors with dynamic target mappings
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles or object names to automate corridor target assignment
- Mirror one subassembly's targets to another to save time with redundant targeting
Earthwork volume calculations can be a complex task in Civil 3D, especially with variable depth subgrades found in many site projects. With the CTC Earthwork Processor in the CIM Project Suite, this work is done for you. Subgrade and stripping surfaces are created based on intuitive inputs, then results can be automatically labeled, tabled, hatched or exported to a spreadsheet.
- Create variable-depth subgrade surfaces with just a few inputs
- Account for different regions on the site, as well as soil stripping depths
- Automatically label and hatch different subgrade regions
- Create custom spreadsheet and AutoCAD table reports of earthwork volumes
The new Pipe Jammer from CTC will allow exporting of Civil 3D Pipe and Pressure Networks to spreadsheets. This allows for custom analyses to be performed, or creation of complex pipe tables and reports that simply aren’t possible with native Civil 3D tools. After updates to the spreadsheet, import back to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks.
- Create custom spreadsheet exports for pipe and pressure networks
- Import spreadsheets to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks
- Perform custom analyses in the spreadsheet with your exact pipe data
- Include drainage area catchment properties for storm inlets