users groups and offer free webcasts.
Upcoming Events › Civil
Events Search and Views Navigation
Management of Civil 3D® templates and CAD standards can be a tedious and time-consuming job. With the CIM Manager Suite, CAD managers can automate many of these tasks, including quick creation and management of layers, linetypes, description key sets, and styles.
- Identification of free vs licensed tools
- Description of popular tools
- How to obtain the suite
- Discussion of suite deployment
Auto Grader is a game changer in Civil 3D site grading. Through dynamically linked feature line sets, users can create grading families for parking lots, ponds, subdivisions, and more. The latest release features a “template based” grading method, allowing automatic insertion of a user-defined set of feature lines, such as a building pad, along defined baselines, such as a roadway. Other enhancements include more detailed surface targeting, automatic surface boundaries, better family preview controls, and other user-friendly features.
- Learn to use the new "template based" grading family to insert user-defined grading designs.
- Benefit from automated surface boundaries, saving time with surface cleanup.
- Learn about the improved grading family previewer with user controls.
- Hear about a myriad of other improvements and enhancements to Auto Grader.
Analyze best practices for dynamically grading commercial projects inside Civil 3D. Take it a step further with advanced tools from CTC Software’s CIM Project Suite.
- Look at Dynamic Grading Tools within Civil 3D
- Grade Commercial Projects dynamically
- Utilize Grading tools in CIM Project Suite
Civil 3D corridor targeting just a got a whole lot easier with the new Corridor Mapper from CTC. Create dynamic target mappings by linking subassemblies to styles, layers, object names, or to another sub assembly. Simply create target objects and watch as they automatically get pulled into your corridor. Gone are the days of time-consuming and error-prone target mapping.
- Speed up corridor modeling by automated target assignment
- Build smarter corridors with dynamic target mappings
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles or object names to automate corridor target assignment
- Mirror one subassembly's targets to another to save time with redundant targeting
Earthwork volume calculations can be a complex task in Civil 3D, especially with variable depth subgrades found in many site projects. With the CTC Earthwork Processor in the CIM Project Suite, this work is done for you. Subgrade and stripping surfaces are created based on intuitive inputs, then results can be automatically labeled, tabled, hatched or exported to a spreadsheet.
- Create variable-depth subgrade surfaces with just a few inputs
- Account for different regions on the site, as well as soil stripping depths
- Automatically label and hatch different subgrade regions
- Create custom spreadsheet and AutoCAD table reports of earthwork volumes
The new Pipe Jammer from CTC will allow exporting of Civil 3D Pipe and Pressure Networks to spreadsheets. This allows for custom analyses to be performed, or creation of complex pipe tables and reports that simply aren’t possible with native Civil 3D tools. After updates to the spreadsheet, import back to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks.
- Create custom spreadsheet exports for pipe and pressure networks
- Import spreadsheets to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks
- Perform custom analyses in the spreadsheet with your exact pipe data
- Include drainage area catchment properties for storm inlets